Skip to main content


Advising Guide

Admission to all engineering majors is handled by the College of Engineering. Prospective transfer students and UH students who want to be admitted to the College of Engineering must first attend an Engineering Transitional Information Session to obtain information about admissions criteria and coursework required for prospective engineering students. After prospective transfer and major change students have attended an information session, if they have questions specific to civil engineering that were not addressed they should email civil [at] to schedule an appointment for advising.

The Department places a high priority on undergraduate advising. Civil engineering students are encouraged to meet with the advisor at least twice a year: before registration for summer/fall classes and before registration for spring classes. Current students can email civil [at] to schedule an appointment for advising.